OK everyone, I have a request for you. I know my mecha designs are pretty old-school, but what does the modern cutting edge mecha design look like? I'm getting OLD and it is difficult for me to keep up with what is and isn't fresh. What is modern and what do people like? Please help a guy out and post some links. Thanks!!!!
Thanks to everyone who has contributed so far! I would like to reiterate that I am looking for "cutting edge" stuff. I like some of the old designs that have a futuristic feel, such as Landmates from Appleseed, and all the Macross stuff, but I just can't consider a 20+ year old design to be cutting edge. Gundam definitely doesn't qualify.
Keep the links and suggestions coming! Here are some of the suggestions that I find intriguing...
* Linebarrels of Iron. I watched this series and the mechs are very cool. The designs have a freshness to them and the shapes are very interesting.
* The newer Front Mission and Armored Core games. These series always try to add something new with each iteration.
* M3CH, Steel Battalion, and Metal gear. Functional but interesting
* Zone of Enders. This stuff is getting pretty old but it still feels cutting edge to me!
* and the works of and have a good fresh vibe too!