ONLY 6 DAYS LEFT!!!!! Franken-Mech Design Contest 2011
As of this morning, there are 57 entries!. You can view all the current entries here >>>mecha-master.deviantart.com/fa…
Take parts from these three pages of mech sketches and mix them into new and cool designs.
This is a cut-and-paste style contest so you don't need any drawing skills to participate. Be sure to use the "download" link for each image to get them at their maximum size. Use the image editing software of your choice. PLEASE READ THE RULES FIRST
and HAVE FUN
You need to make something ORIGINAL. There have been enough versions of the Madcat or Atlas so show me something fresh from your imagination! Here is a sample I made this morning. I mixed lots of stuff together and added some quick shading.Rules:
1. Deadline? Contest starts NOW and ends midnight, January 15th, 2012.
2. You can only use the images listed in the "Objective" area above.
3. Submissions must be significantly altered from the original sketches. You need to do more than just add a couple of weapons. I want to see drastic ideas and changes so don't be afraid to mix up the feet from one mecha, the lower legs from another, draw in some custom thighs, add some chunky guns, etc
4. You may add new elements to the re-design if you draw them yourself but the majority of the image should be from the reference material.
5. You may alter existing bits and pieces in any way you want, such as scaling, rotating, or drawing into them
whatever it takes to make your idea work. The editing doesn't have to be technically superlative; you just need to convey the awesomeness of your idea.
6. You must give me credit for the original drawings by placing this image somewhere in the border your re-design.
7. No Color. Leave them black and white. Gray shading is OK.How to enter:
1. You may enter as many times as you want but each entry must be significantly different. So, don't submit a new entry if all you did was change a gun or scooch something over a bit.
2. The designs should be posted to your DA gallery along with a link to this journal post so people can easily see what the contest is all about.
3. Finally, you need to tell me about your entry by posting a link to it in my forum here >>> mecha-master.deviantart.com/jo…
This got too complicated for my last contest (way back in Nov 2009) so I am going to simplify things a lot.
1. I will pick the first and second place winners. (Bribes of gold, jewels, and mecha toys accepted)
2. 3rd place is a fans choice! I will list all of the entries in a series of polls and the winner will be chosen by popular vote.Prizes:
1. First Place: I will ink and color the design to the specs of the winner. I will then mail the original drawing to the winner, whomever they may be, wherever they may be. You will also receive a copy of my art books, Mecha Zone 1.5 and Mecha Zone 2.
2. Second Place: I will ink the design and mail you the original art. You will also receive one of my art books. Your choice of Mecha Zone 1.5 or Mecha Zone 2.
3. Mecha fans choice: Bask in the glorious admiration of mecha fans everywhere, well, at least on DA. You will also receive one of my art books. Your choice of Mecha Zone 1.5 or Mecha Zone 2.
You can see the entries for my last contest, held in Nov 2009, here >>> mecha-master.deviantart.com/fa…